ADVANTAGES OF FIRST GENERATION OF COMPUTER:
1. Vacuum tubes were as electronic components.
2. These computers were electronic digital computers.
3. These computer were the fastest calculating devices of their time.
4. Computation were performed in milli second.
5. Punch cards were used for input and output.
DISADVANTAGES OF FIRST GENERATION OF COMPUTER:
1. Very large space were required due to big size.
2. Operating speed was very slow.
3. Large amount of heat was produced due to vacuum tubes.
4. Air Conditions were required.
5. Frequent hardware failure was very high.
6. Constant maintenance work was required.
7. It was not portable.
8. Commercial use was very limited.
9. Programming capabilites were limited.
10. Primary memory was limited.
11. Power consumption was very high.