ADVANTAGES OF THIRD GENERATION OF COMPUTER:
1. Smaller in size as compared to previous generations due to the use of ICs.
2. Computations were performed in nano seconds.
3. Less heat was generated as compared to previous generations.
4. Power consumption was less than the previous generations.
5. Hardware failure was rare.
6. These computers were easily portable.
7. Cheaper in price.
8. These computers were used commercially all over the world.
DISADVANTAGES OF THIRD GENERATION OF COMPUTER:
1. Air Conditioning was required in some cases.
2. Technology required to manufacture the IC was very advanced.